Funding is available to build, expand and improve early years infrastructure across Victoria. The aim is to ensure local families can continue to access great local kindergartens.
This year’s Children’s Facilities Capital Program continues to provide funding support for existing and growing demand for four-year-old kindergarten programs and will also provide the first instalment of funding to support the roll-out of Three-year-old Kindergarten.
Children's facilities capital program
This program contributes to high quality early years programs by:
- increasing infrastructure capacity for kindergarten programs for children in the year before school
- promoting integrated service delivery where families can access early childhood education and care, health and development and family services at one place
- improving access to local and responsive early childhood services for children from vulnerable and/or disadvantaged families
- establishing early childhood infrastructure on or near school sites.
Apply for a grant
A separate application form is available for each grant type.
In 2019-20 there are three major grant categories.
Integrated Children’s Centre grants
Provides up to $2 million (GST exclusive) as a contribution towards new facilities that bring together a range of services that support children and their families including early childhood education, care, health and support services.
New Early Learning Facility grants
Provides up to $1 million (GST exclusive) as a contribution towards new facilities delivering three and four year old kindergarten programs.
Early Learning Facility Upgrade grants
Provides up to $500,000 (GST exclusive) as a contribution towards increasing licensed capacity, renovating or refurbishing existing facilities that deliver three and/or four-year-old kindergarten.
Minor and information technology grants
In 2019-2020, there are two minor grant categories.
Minor infrastructure grants
Provides up to $50,000 (GST exclusive) as a contribution to the expansion, renovation or refurbishment of existing, licensed early childhood education and care facilities that deliver funded three and/or four year old kindergarten programs.
Information technology grants
Provides up to $1,500 (GST exclusive) as a contribution to the purchase of desktop, laptop or tablet computers and televisions for use in the delivery of education programs or administration at the service.
Opening and closing dates
This year’s major and minor grants are now open.
Applications for all grant categories will close at midnight on Friday 9 August 2019.
- You can
- You can make changes to your application any time until you submit your application.
- You must complete all sections of the application form and submit the completed form to be eligible for consideration.
- The Department will not consider late applications.
- Announcements about minor grants are expected from October 2019.
- Announcements about major grants are expected from December 2019.
- The grants have a competitive process and eligibility to apply for a grant does not guarantee the success of an application.
Guidelines and forms
About the funding
Families deserve a choice of flexible, accessible and affordable early childhood education and care services, including kindergarten programs delivered in a range of settings, alongside other key services such as Maternal and Child Health, early childhood intervention services, playgroups and family services.
The Victorian Government is creating the Education State, and knows this starts with the early years. High quality kindergarten gives children a better start in life, and that’s why we are making unprecedented investments in early learning.
The Children’s Facilities Capital Program supports kindergartens to expand or improve their building and facilities to benefit Victorian children and their families.
The 2019-20 State Budget allocated $33.6 million over three years for the CFCP and other initiatives to make kindergartens more inclusive. This is part of broader record funding of $473.2 million, over 5 years, announced in the Budget to build, expand and modernise kindergartens across the state. The funding will deliver better early learning resources, and pave the way for the government to introduce an extra year of subsidised kindergarten for every Victorian child.
For all general enquiries regarding the Children's Facilities Capital Program Grants:
Phone: (03) 7022 2650
Details of funded projects can be found on the
Victorian School Building Authority website.