Maths: Putting it together
- Armstrong, A., Ming, K., & Helf, S. (2018). Content area literacy in the mathematics classroom.
The Clearing House: A Journal of Educational Strategies, Issues and Ideas, 91(2), 85–95.
- Bremigan, E. G. (2005). An analysis of diagram modification and construction in students' solutions to applied calculus problems. Journal for Research in Mathematics Education, 36, 248-277.
- Dole, S. (1999). Successful percent problem solving for Year 8 students using the proportional number line method. In J. M. Truran & K. M. Truran (Eds.), Making the difference (Proceedings of the 22nd annual conference of the Mathematics Education Research Group of Australasia, pp. 503–512). Adelaide, SA: MERGA.
- Dostal, H. M., & Robinson, R. (2018). Doing mathematics with purpose: Mathematical text types.
The Clearing House: A Journal of Educational Strategies, Issues and Ideas, 91(2), 21–28.
- Fisher, D., Frey, N., & Hattie, J. (2016).
Visible learning for literacy, Grades K-12: Implementing the practices that work best to accelerate student learning. Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications.
- Kress, G. (2010).
Multimodality: A Social Semiotic Approach to Contemporary Communication London: Routledge
- Monteiro, C. & Ainley, J. (2003). Interpretation of graphs: Reading through the data. In J. Williams (Ed.),
Proceedings of the British Society for Research into Learning Mathematics. Birmingham, UK: BSRLM. Retrieved from
- Nunokawa, K. (2004). Solvers' making of drawings in mathematical problem solving and their understanding of the problem situations. International Journal of Mathematical Education in Science and Technolog, 35, 173-183.
- Quinnell, L. (2014). Scaffolding understanding of tables and graphs. Literacy Learning: The Middle Years, 22(2), 15–21