Use the careers curriculum framework to help develop a local, custom and high quality career development program.
There are six steps in a young person's acquisition of skills for career development. These form the structure of the framework.
Goals at each step are organised into three stages:
- Self development: young people understand themselves, build their experiences and achievements and develop their capabilities.
- Career exploration: young people locate, investigate and consider opportunities in learning and future work options.
- Career management: young people make and adjust career action plans and manage their life choices, changes and transitions.
Map the framework
Templates for mapping across the curriculum
The goals of the Victorian careers curriculum framework are to assist young people to:
- understand and manage influences relating to career planning and lifelong learning
- develop skills, knowledge and capabilities to make career decisions
- apply their learning to achieve educational and career aspirations
- build resilience in their capacity to manage change throughout their lives.