Virtual learning allows students to interact and learn with others outside of their classroom and school using virtual conferencing tools.
The main tools available to schools for video conferencing are:
- Cisco Webex Teams: a virtual learning conferencing platform containing interactive collaboration tools. This platform is currently being implemented across the Department and can be accessed on all devices. For more information see: Webex at DET
- Polycom: a video conferencing system built into a classroom or meeting room
- Adobe Connect: a web based conferencing system that can be used on computers
- Skype for Business: an instant messenger with video capability.
Ideas and sessions for the classroom
Virtual learning can be synchronous, where all students log in at the one time in a virtual classroom, or it can be asynchronous, where students access session recordings in their own time.
Virtual learning can include:
- face-to-face teaching
- video streaming of live classes with recordings available afterwards
- class time devoted to online collaboration, exploration and problem solving
- forums where students can ask questions to each other or of teachers.
Virtual learning resources
Resources for additional online subjects including languages and VCE subjects are listed here.
Teaching services provided via virtual and blended learning modes include:
You can get support on virtual learning and conferencing by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org