To build confidence and capacity in digital learning you should consider:
- developing skills in using digital technologies
- supporting teachers to effectively embed the use of digital technologies in their learning and teaching practice
- providing support for cultural change.
Professional learning calendar
digital learning news blog has a professional learning calendar that lists sessions with a focus on digital technologies. Teachers can link to professional learner providers and organisations that provide programs for the classroom.
Online professional learning events are available throughout the year via virtual conferencing tools.
Digital learning news
The Department provides a newsletter which includes professional development, teaching resources, research, and news from schools. For more information and to subscribe, see
Digital Learning News.
Courses from Bastow
The Bastow Institute of Educational Leadership provides professional development courses designed to build the capacity of leaders in schools and early childhood settings.
ICT capabilities resource resource supports teachers to integrate ICT into their classroom. It includes:
- an ICT capabilities framework
- an online survey
- a continuum with practical, learning and teaching resources, including teacher and student work samples, advice for getting started and professional learning resources.
New Pedagogies for Deep Learning
New Pedagogies for Deep Learning (NPDL) is a global partnership that implements deep learning goals enabled by new pedagogies and accelerated by technology. 40 Victorian schools participated in the program which finished in 2018.
For more information contact: