Log in to SPOT
Edumail account required
An online tool for schools
Every year, leadership teams within schools plan how they will provide the best learning opportunities for students. These teams use the Framework for Improving Student Outcomes (FISO) Improvement Cycle, to help:
- reflect on what they have done well, and what has been a challenge
- consider what strategies they would like to use to help their students to learn
- plan out what these strategies will look like
- monitor whether these strategies have helped student learning.
"I am really impressed with SPOT and have so far found it very intuitive and a useful planning and review tool." - Principal
Learn more about the
In 2017, the Strategic Planning Online Tool (SPOT) was launched to help schools simplify this planning process. Instead of having to complete hard copies of these planning documents on paper, schools can now complete all planning documentation SPOT, where they are guided through each step. This means that schools can:
- work together to share ideas and insights
- store all school improvement documents in one place
- share documents easily with Regional and Central colleagues
- monitor progress of their improvement journey on SPOT.
As well as assisting with planning, SPOT also helps schools to produce documents to share with
their school community, such as the Annual Report. Learn more about the
Listening to feedback
The SPOT team are committed to ensuring SPOT is as user-friendly and functional as possible for schools.
"Schools have their hands full providing the best learning outcomes for their students. SPOT can take some of the burden off school leadership teams by making their planning process a little easier." – SPOT team member
If you have an idea to share, or any questions about SPOT, please contact