At this consultation your toddler's growth, health and development will be reviewed and your nurse will give you information about starting kindergarten. Your toddler will also be given a vision screening.
This consultation will focus on:
- your Parents' Evaluation of Development Status (PEDS) questions in your
My Health, Learning and Development Record (remember to complete these questions before the visit if you can)
- kindergarten enrolment
- helping your child to eat healthy food
- taking care of your child's teeth
- your child's vision
- how to protect your child from the sun and water safety
- how play helps learning and development
- family relationships and wellbeing
Remember, you and your nurse can talk about other issues/concerns if they arise.
Please tell the nurse if your child is:
- not talking clearly
- not able to talk in sentences
- not coming to you for affection or comfort
- not playing 'imaginary' games
- not playing with other children
- not drawing.
See the parent tip sheets given out at this visit.