This is usually your first visit to the local Maternal and Child Health centre. At this and each other consultation you and your Maternal and Child Health nurse will discuss the growth, health and development of your baby.
This consultation will focus on:
- Birth registration
- Feeding including breastfeeding
- How play helps learning and development
- Safety in the car
- Safety in the home
- Family relationships and wellbeing
- Hearing Screen (VIHSP)
- Eye check: Red Eye Reflex.
Remember, you and your nurse can talk about other issues/concerns if they arise.
Please tell the nurse if your baby:
- is not making any sounds
- is not looking into your eyes.
See the parent tip sheets given out at this visit.