Concerns About Your Kindergarten

Information about what you can do should you have concerns about your child's kindergarten service.

I have concerns about my child's kindergarten service

If you have concerns about your education and care service or licensed children’s service, contact an authorised officer in your local Department regional office. To find your local office, see:

What requirements must my child's kindergarten service meet?

All education and care services, including kindergartens, must meet the requirements of the Education and Care National Law Act 2010 (National Law) and the Education and Care Services National Regulations 2011 (National Regulations).

The main goal of the legislation is to make sure that your child is safe and their developmental needs are met when they are educated and cared for.

Compliance information about education and care services may, in some instances, be made publicly available on the Department’s website. The details of statutory sanctions applied to children’s services are updated regularly.

For a current list of enforcement and compliance action, see: Enforcement Actions

How is my child's kindergarten service monitored?

Authorised officers are employed to monitor the compliance of services against the requirements of the relevant legislation.

For services operating under the National Quality Framework, authorised officers also assess and rate services against the National Quality Standard.

For further information you can also contact the Department on 1300 307 415 or by email: