In Visual Communication Design students use visual communication design knowledge, understanding and skills to communicate ideas and information with a specific purpose.
They use visual communication practices and technologies to generate ideas, and develop and refine visual communications. Students develop an appreciation of the means by which others visually communicate ideas and information.
Learning and teaching support
The Visual Communication Design curriculum aims to develop students’:
- confidence, curiosity, imagination and enjoyment through an engagement with visual communication design practices
- creative and innovative ways to communicate ideas and information
- aesthetic knowledge, including the application of design elements and principles, as they explore visual communications
- visual communication design practices, processes and technologies
- creative, critical and reflective thinking, using visual design thinking skills
- respect for and acknowledgement of the diverse roles and practices of designers, and the cultural context of visual communication design.
For further information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org