Item uses these practice principles: Partnerships with families, High expectations for every child.
Item responds to these sub-outcomes: Children become strong in their social, emotional and spiritual wellbeing, Children take increasing responsibility for their own health and physical wellbeing.
Adopting a trauma informed and relational approach, Kids First training and consultancy packages equip early years educators with the tools they need to support children's social and emotional needs before they transition to school.
These training and consultancy packages are designed to ensure all children, regardless of their background and social vulnerability, can reach their full potential.
Packages can be tailored to meet the needs of a service. Kids First works with services to develop a suite of supports that meet individual needs and available funding.
Packages include the following training topics:
- Trauma and Attachment
- Relationships with Families
- Supporting Children and Families Experiencing Vulnerability
- Sensory Strategies for Trauma Informed Practice
All supports can now be facilitated online using Microsoft Teams.
Participants can join the session from separate locations using laptops/desktop computers, tablets or smartphones.
Participants must have a device with working speakers and a microphone. It is also recommended that participants have access to a camera to engage in video conferencing, however this is not essential to their participation.
Training and consultancy supports can be negotiated by services as required. There are also pre-packaged options available.
Level 1 includes:
- two 2-hour training sessions across the year: Trauma & Attachment parts one and two
- 4 hours of consultancy support to unpack each package and work through queries such as how to implement strategies and reflect on case studies etc.
Level 2 Package includes:
- three 2-hour training packages across the year (Trauma & Attachment part one and two, Relationships with families)
- 7 hours of consultancy support to unpack each package, receive support as required and work through queries such as how to implement strategies and reflect on case studies etc. (suggest implementing as one hour per term).
Level 3 Package includes:
- three 2-hour training packages across the year
- 13 hours of consultancy support to unpack each package, receive support as required and work through queries such as how to implement strategies and reflect on case studies etc. (suggest implementing as one hour per month, or two hours bi-monthly).
All training and consultancy options are available to individual participants as well as small and large groups. Groups of more than 10 participants will incur additional fees. Contact provider for more information.
2-hour training sessions: $990 (incl. GST)
Consultancy: $220 per hour (incl. GST)
Level 1 - $2,750 (incl. GST)
Level 2 - $4,290 (incl. GST)
Level 3 - $5,500 (incl. GST)
0-100 kilometres: $220 per site visit
100-200 kilometres: $495 per site visit
200-300 kilometres: $770 per site visit
300+ kilometres: contact provider for more details
Staffing: services should consider the cost of backfill when determining the cost of accessing this resource. Backfill for the full amount of training and consultancy hours is recommended to cover all staff. Sessions outside of regular business hours will incur additional fees. To reduce costs, services can access after-hours sessions via Microsoft Teams if required. Contact provider directly to discuss.
Strength of Evidence
Level 3 - Promising research evidence