Item uses these practice principles: Partnerships with families, Respectful relationships and responsive engagement, Equity and diversity.
Item responds to these sub-outcomes: Not applicable
The fkaCS Orientation and Engagement Kit is a resource that aims to build the capacity of early childhood services to support all children and families develop a genuine connection to the early childhood service at the time of orientation. The resource is designed to equip educators with skills to facilitate families and children to share their identity and culture as well as build an understanding of the kindergarten service context.
The kit includes two social scripts to promote family engagement, factsheets, an early childhood professionals’ guide, and a 2 hour fkaCS-facilitated coaching session which can be completed online or face-to-face.
Base package total costs: $3850 (including GST). This price includes:
- ‘All About Kinder’ Social Script: available in 3 languages and English
- ‘All About Me’ Social Script: available in 3 languages and English
- Early Childhood Professionals Guide: Developing Meaningful and Responsive Orientation Practices
- Translated resource for families available in 3 languages & English: Learning Through Play, Maintaining your Family Language[s], Supporting your Child’s Orientation in Early childhood Education and Care Services
- fkaCS-facilitated coaching session: Planning for Meaningful Orientation (virtual or onsite participation)
Additional languages and translations (optional): $275.00 per Language (including GST).
Updates to staff photographs (optional): $55.00 (including GST).
fkaCS printing, binding and postage to the kindergarten service (optional): $275.00 per 60 copies (including GST). This service includes the printing of both social scripts, where 60 social scripts printed would consist of 30 copies of the ‘All About Kinder’ Social Script and 30 copies of the ‘All About Me’ Social Script.
fkaCS does not charge for the cost of travel expenses incurred by its staff.
Target population: early childhood teachers and educators.
Program/practice descriptions and details: the resources can be sent electronically or via physical delivery.
Staffing: services should consider the cost of backfill in determining the cost of accessing this training.
Factors to consider: coaching sessions require a time commitment of 2 hours per session. Participating organisations will also need to commit to at least 6 hours for the collection and sharing of photographs in individual social scripts.
Tools and systems: participants require access to email, virtual platforms (Teams, WebEx, Zoom), and printing capabilities (colour).
Access and inclusion
Strength of Evidence
Level 5 - Foundational research evidence