Item uses these practice principles: Reflective practice, High expectations for children, Respectful relationships and responsive engagement, Equity and diversity, Assessment for learning and development.
Item responds to these sub-outcomes: Children become strong in their social, emotional and spiritual wellbeing.
Creating Engaging Environments for Preschoolers is a professional development training workshop by Early Life Foundations, which aims to inspire educators to reflect on and intentionally create inclusive learning environments to enhance children’s wellbeing and communication.
The training session examines:
- why environments make a difference and how educators can enhance learning spaces cost effectively
- practical and research-based considerations around choice of resources and play experiences with a variety of visual examples from a range of preschool contexts.
- the role of the educator and the environment in optimising learning and development opportunities for all children, focusing on life-long learning and development rather than solely on school readiness.
The training is delivered via live webinar and includes multiple speakers, presentation slides, videos, expert
panel discussion, opportunities for audience Q&A, certificate of attendance
and downloadable takeaways.
To maximise effectiveness, the provider recommends booking coaching sessions for dates after the professional development has been attended.
Dates for scheduled online sessions:
- 24th February 2023, 9.30am-12.00pm
- 26th April 2023, 9.30am-12.00pm
- 30th August 2023, 9.30am-12.00pm
- 18th October 2023, 9.30am-12.00pm
- 15th November 2023, 9.30am-12.00pm
Half day online $280 (excl. GST) (includes digital workbook and Walker Learning Environment posters)
Customised Group Sessions:
For large group bookings (20+) contact Provider at firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 9551 1900 for a quote.
Coaching (optional): $1,995 (excl. GST).
Target Population: Educators.
Program/practice descriptions and details: Session includes digital workbook and Learning Area posters.
Staffing: services should consider the cost of backfill in determining the cost of accessing this resource.
Supervision/coaching: Additional Coaching packages available for attendees (optional). 3 x 1-hour blocks for individuals or small teams (delivered via zoom or phone call). This customised coaching will provide educators with tailored support to build on the skills and strategies outlined in the presentation and encourage reflection and development of practice.
Tools and systems: educators and services will need access to a computer with reliable internet access and Zoom access for the webinar.
Wellbeing (social and emotional), Access and Inclusion
Strength of Evidence
Level 6 – Supported by expert opinion