My Career Portfolio is designed to support students with resources to capture their career goals and plans, share their skills, experiences and accomplishments, and keep all the information they will need to plan their education and career pathways.
Students can use
My Career Portfolio to:
- create and update an online career action plan
- store files related to their course and career planning, such as their Morrisby Online report, resumes, awards and examples of their school work (for example, videos and artworks)
- access links to current information and resources to support course and career exploration.
My Career Portfolio is available to all government school students in years 7 to 12.
Using My Career Portfolio
Creating your Career Action Plan using My Career Portfolio (for students)
Watch this video to learn how to create your Career Action Plan using My Career Portfolio. Updated in April 2020.
Storing files and links in My Career Portfolio (for students)
Watch this video to learn how to store your files and links in My Career Portfolio. Updated in April 2020.
Using the Career Practitioner dashboard in My Career Portfolio (for Career practitioners), Abridged Version
Watch this video to learn how to use the Career Practitioner dashboard in My Career Portfolio. This is an abridged version, updated in May 2020.
Using the Career Practitioner dashboard in My Career Portfolio (for Career practitioners)
Watch this video to learn how to use the Career Practitioner dashboard in My Career Portfolio. Updated in April 2020.
Supporting students to access My Career Portfolio
These steps can help you support your students in accessing My Career Portfolio.
It’s essential to involve your school’s Technical Team when preparing to use My Career Portfolio. This could be the Department's Specialist Technician and/or the School Technician.
Specialist Technicians will manage the eduPass student accounts. This includes printing and sending eduPass registration letters where needed.
Step 1 – establish whether your students have an active eduPass account
If students do not have an active eduPass account:
- Ask your Specialist Technician to print/email the eduPass registration letters for your students.
- The eduPass registration letters include the student’s user ID and a temporary password.
- Students need to change their temporary password to activate their eduPass account (see step 2).
If students do have an active eduPass account:
- Students with an active eduPass account can
log in to My Career Portfolio.
- If a student has forgotten the password for their active eduPass account, ask your Specialist Technician to reset the password. Careers practitioners must not reset passwords for active eduPass accounts. Doing so can block access to curriculum resources.
- If you’re unsure or have any questions about this, ask your Specialist Technician.
Step 2 – help students activate their eduPass account
- Have students log in to eduPass using the user ID and temporary password in the letter.
- Have the students follow the prompts to change their eduPass password. You may wish to give students a copy of the procedure,
Changing your eduPass password.
- Once students have changed their temporary password, the eduPass account is active.
Step 3 – direct students to My Career Portfolio
When your students have activated their eduPass account, they’re ready to go to
My Career Portfolio.
For support accessing My Career Portfolio, contact: