Tier 1: Positive Mental Health Promotion
Smiling Mind's Primary Classroom Program uses social and emotional learning and mindfulness to equip children with the skills they need to succeed in life, by building healthy minds and engaged classrooms.
This program includes:
• 20 scaffolded lessons for Years 1 to 6
• Classroom and take-home activities
• Skill-building and meditations
To support educators to this program in their classrooms, Smiling Mind offers both individual and whole school training that builds upon the Primary Classroom Program.
There are two pricing levels:
Level 1 Starter Bundle: SEL Primary Classroom Curriculum and Specialist Webinars: Suitable for individual educators or a whole school, this program has been developed to equip educators with the knowledge, resources and lesson plans to deliver social and emotional learning (SEL) in the classroom.
Pricing for Level 1 (12-month subscription):
• Individual $199 (inc. GST)
• School 10-17 educators $1,990 (inc. GST)
• School 18-35 educators $3,490 (inc. GST)
• School 36+ educators $6,950 (inc. GST)
Level 2 Starter Plus Bundle: SEL Primary Classroom Curriculum and Specialist Webinars and Implementation Training Workshop: The Starter Plus bundle allows schools to more deeply embed our program within their classroom and teaching environments to further transform the lives of students and educators.
Pricing for Level 2 (12-month subscription):
• School 10-17 educators $4,390 (inc. GST)
• School 18-35 educators $5,990 (inc. GST)
• School 36+ educators $8,990 (inc. GST)
• Purchase of workshop outside of the bundle $2,490 per school (inc. GST)
Target population: Primary students and teachers.
Program adaptability: The program can be used as a stand-alone social and emotional learning program in the classroom, or adapted to complement existing wellbeing programs. It can be adapted and implemented in a variety of ways to suit specific student cohorts.
Staffing: Workshops are delivered digitally at a range of times, minimising the need for backfill.
Training requirements: Individual professional development is self-paced, and delivered online through the online Learning Hub. Time commitment varies depending on the course(s) selected, ranging from one to ten hours. The whole school implementation program is designed to be rolled out over 12-15 months.
Factors to consider: All Smiling Mind programs are delivered digitally, either through the Smiling Mind app, online Learning Hub, or via live-online workshops (on Zoom). Each lesson is designed to be delivered over a fortnight, but there is considerable flexibility in scheduling and pacing.
Australian context: The program has been developed and applied in Australia.
Strength of Evidence
Level 3: Foundational and emerging evidence for program
• Improved student self-regulation
• Improvement in student mental health and wellbeing
• Improved student engagement in learning
• Improved educator confidence to deliver mindfulness-based social and emotional learning