Tier 1: Positive Mental Health Promotion
Visible Wellbeing is whole-school program that trains staff in a wellbeing framework, language and practices that can be embedded in the classroom.
The program is underpinned by an evidence-based framework called SEARCH. This framework covers six pathways to wellbeing:
• Emotional Management
• Attention and Awareness
• Habits and Goals
The Visible Wellbeing program includes:
• Two live all-staff training modules
• Seven all-staff on demand training modules
• Three virtual coaching sessions for wellbeing leaders
• Wellbeing surveys
• One workshop for wellbeing leaders
• 250+ wellbeing activities for all years to use
• Parent Keynote
The cost of the VWB program is $16,500 (inc. GST) per school. This flat fee provides training for all staff at the school and access to the suite of VWB resources for four years.
Target population: Teachers, support staff and other staff within the school. The program learnings can be used in classrooms with students of all ages.
Program adaptability: The delivery, scheduling and timeline of the on-demand component of the program can be adapted and modified based on the needs of the school. Participants will be guided through a series of activities and exercises which will encourage them to adapt their learning into strategies addressing their local context and student needs. The coaching sessions will assist schools to adapt resources for the specific needs of their students.
Staffing: The on-demand modules can be undertaken according to a flexible schedule. Backfilling may be required for school staff to attend training.
Training requirements: The time requirements are 6 hours for the live all staff training modules. 13 hours for the on-demand training modules, three one-hour coaching sessions for the Visible Wellbeing lead. The duration of the program is typically 18 months.
Factors to consider: There is no minimum number of participants required. Internet connection and devices are required.
Australian context: The program has been developed and applied in Australia.
Strength of Evidence
Level 3: Foundational and emerging evidence for program
• Improved emotional management and mindfulness in students
• Increased student wellbeing literacy
• Improved student strengths vocabulary and use
• Increased teacher confidence and buy-in to use Visible Wellbeing practices and strategies
• Increased student wellbeing