Tier 1: Positive Mental Health Promotion
The Resilience Project (TRP) program aims to build resilience and happiness. This program focuses on promoting positive emotion, specifically; Gratitude, Empathy, and Mindfulness (GEM), as well as Emotional Literacy. The program has a whole school approach, working with the school community including teachers, students, and parents. The program is delivered through a series of digital presentations, webinars and a curriculum that is specifically aligned to Victorian standards.
The program includes:
• Digital presentations designed for students/parents and carers
• Teacher lesson plans for every year level that are culturally responsive and based on curriculum standards
• Staff professional development sessions and resources
• Online teacher platform to help deliver lessons and well-being within the school
For single school sign-up online: The program is $3,500 (incl. GST) with a student fee of $19 (incl. GST) per student
For aggregate school (6+ schools/ region) sign up combined: The face-to-face cluster program is $6,900 (incl. GST) per school with a student fee of $19 (incl. GST) per student.
Target population: Students (primary and secondary), their teachers and their parents and carers.
Program adaptability: The program is adaptable to the special needs of students, for example, increasing the size of curriculum journals to assist those with visual impairments and adding subtitles in digital resources. The program can also adapt to different circumstances of schools including composite classes, schools with small enrolment numbers, and schools with specific timetable requirements
Staffing: The time commitment for teachers delivering the program is on an average of 1-hour per week. No backfilling is required.
Training requirements: Teachers will be required to have access to a computer and the internet to access the online teacher resources.
Factors to consider: There is no minimum number of participants, however, the program encourages whole school participation for primary schools and a minimum of two-year levels for secondary schools for maximum program impact.
Australian context: This program has been developed and applied in Australia.
Strength of Evidence
Level 3: Foundational and emerging evidence for program
• Increase foundational knowledge on concepts such as recognising and regulating emotions, handling challenging situations constructively, positive coping mechanisms, and stress management
• Increase understanding of kindness, which can contribute to kinder and more inclusive school environments
• Increase calmness and coping with anxiety through practicing mindfulness
• Enhance understanding of self-emotions and communicating more openly with others.
• Improved confidence and self-esteem, especially in relation to peer relationships
• Increase gratefulness