Update on temporary override of SVTS rejects 43 and 44
Further to the SVTS Announcement of 14 December regarding rejects 43 and 44, this announcement is to confirm that the overrides of these rejects are now in place and will be applied to your claims:
- the next time you successfully upload to SVTS; or
- when the Department reprocess all claims (for every RTO) after close of the collection year.
If you have concerns about rejects 43 and 44, you may want to upload fresh data to SVTS now to see the impact on your claims.
This override will only apply for subjects where both of the following conditions were met:
- the rejects were triggered prior to today, and
- the subjects will be continuing into 2023.
Detailed criteria for overriding the rejects is described in the announcement of 14 December 2022.
2023 Subcontracting and Brokering Process
Training Providers are advised that the following Contract Notifications have been published in the Memos section of SVTS:
- Contract Notification CN 2022-21 - 2023 process for approval of subcontracting training and assessment
- Contract Notification CN 2022-22 - Mandatory reporting of Brokering Services
Associated documents have been published in the Documents section of SVTS.
CN 2022-20: Fact sheets, templates and other guidance plus 2023 online service standards
The Department has published CN 2022-20 in the Memos section to advise you about the release of new and updated fact sheets, templates and other guidance for 2023, plus the 2023 online service standards. It includes:
· a summary of the fact sheets and other documents for 2023
· the prescribed 2023 online service standards.
All guidance materials are available in the Documents section of SVTS.
The updated fact sheets and Q&As about the Contract will also be published on the Department’s website in early 2023.
Version 2.0 of 2023 VET Funding Contracts and Guidelines
CN 2022-19 has been published in the ‘Memos’ section of SVTS.
This Contract Notification advises of the release of updated versions of 2023 Contracts, Guidelines About Eligibility and Guidelines About Fees to reflect changes to eligibility settings and Free TAFE for Priority Courses initiative.
Temporary override of SVTS rejects 43 and 44
Due to reported delays in the processing of variations to training contracts for apprentices and trainees, the Department (we) will temporarily override rejects 43 and 44 at the end of the 2022 collection year.
- Reject 43 is triggered when you report an apprentice or trainee with a Program Identifier that doesn’t match the Program identifier for the training contract as recorded in Epsilon.
- Reject 44 is triggered when you report an apprentice or trainee with an Activity End Date that is after the end date of the training contract recorded in Epsilon.
We will override rejects 43 and 44 only where a subject’s Activity Start Date is in 2022 and it’s Activity End Date is in 2023 and no paid claims have been created for the enrolment. This will allow payments for these subjects to be processed as part of the final payment for the 2022 collection year, and ensure reject 19s are not triggered in the 2023 collection year. We’ll run the override in early January, and then again after the closure of the collection year (but before we process the final payment).
These rejects will be re-instated at the beginning of the 2023 collection year, blocking any further payments until they are resolved. You’ll need to follow-up with the relevant Apprenticeship Network provider if training contract variations aren’t reflected in Epsilon in a reasonable amount of time.
Overriding these rejects does not waive any of our rights under the VET Funding Contract.
Final 2023 VET Funding Contracts, Guidelines and associated guides
CN 2022-18 has been published in the ‘Memos’ section of SVTS.
This Contract Notification advises of the release of the final 2023 VET Funding Contracts, Guidelines and associated guides. These are now published in the ‘Documents’ section of SVTS.