From Term 1 2017, Victorian government and catholic schools will use the new Victorian Curriculum F-10. This page is currently being reviewed and may be subject to change.
For more information on the curriculum, see:
The Victorian Curriculum F–10 - VCAA
Find information to help you set up and manage individual student career pathways including the student mapping tool and a range of career related websites and contacts.
Career education assists young people to make informed decisions about their future. These resources can be used by career educators to assist young people in their career development, and to address the outcomes in the Victorian Careers Curriculum Framework.
- Careers and Transition Resource Kit - a series of lesson plans and resources designed to assist career educators to deliver quality programs for students from Year 6 to Year 10.
- myfuture - is a free Australian online career exploration and information service useful for students, parents, careers practitioners and other adults. The site contains:
- The Facts - details of hundreds of jobs available in Australia and the education and training options that lead to those jobs.
- My Guide - presents over 360 questions and activities about interests, skills, knowledge, education and work, targeted for different ages and people at different stages of their career development. The information gathered builds a personal profile that can be used to identify possible career options.
- Assist Others - includes information for careers practitioners and others to assist in career development.
The following is the Executive Summary of the Impact Evaluation of Improved Career Development Services:
For more information about careers, please see:
- Glossary of career related terminology - can be copied for each student. Alternatively teachers may encourage students to develop a personal record of terms and definitions associated with their career journey and the world of work.
- Related careers websites - useful websites that may be used in different lessons.
- Acknowledgements - provides details of those who have made a contribution to the development of the Department's careers resources.