The Acceptable Use Policy outlines appropriate use of the Department’s Information, Communication and Technology resources. This policy applies to all users of the Department’s ICT resources.
For a copy of the complete policy, see: Acceptable Use Policy DEECD ICT (PDF - 397Kb)
Frequently Asked Questions
The Policy FAQ’s outline:
- Who is covered by the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)?
- Does the AUP cover me when I am working from home?
- What are the Department's ICT resources?
- Does the AUP cover internet browsing, social networking and emailing?
- What are my obligations as a user of the Department's ICT resources?
- Can I use the Department's ICT systems for personal use during my breaks?
- Who can monitor my use of the Department's ICT systems?
- What should I do if I receive an inappropriate email?
- What should I do if I discover inappropriate content on a Department computer?
- What are the consequences for breaching this policy?
For a copy of the FAQ’s, see: Acceptable Use Policy FAQ (PDF - 186Kb)
The Policy became effective March 2011.
Student Acceptable Use Agreement
The Department has provide a template to assist school communities to develop agreements with students as to what constitutes acceptable use of internet, Ultranet, netbooks and other online and digital technologies in their communities, see: Student Acceptable Use Agreement