At this consultation your toddler's growth, health and development will be reviewed and your nurse will give you information about starting kindergarten. Your toddler will also be given a vision screening.
This consultation will focus on:
- Your Parents' Evaluation of Development Status (PEDS) questions in your
My Health, Learning and Development Record (remember to complete these questions before the visit if you can)
- Kindergarten enrolment
- Helping your child to eat healthy food
- Taking care of your child's teeth
- Your child's vision
- How to protect your child from the sun and water safety
- How play helps learning and development
- Family relationships and wellbeing
Remember, you and your nurse can talk about other issues/concerns if they arise.
Please tell the nurse if your child is:
- not talking clearly
- not able to talk in sentences
- not coming to you for affection or comfort
- not playing 'imaginary' games
- not playing with other children
- not drawing.
Parent Tip Sheets for the 3.5 Year Visit
The following Tip Sheets are given to you at the 3.5 Year Visit:
Try It - You’ll Like It, Vegetables and Fruit for Children (pdf - 610.27kb) - DET
Preschoolers: Independent Adventurers 3.5 to 5 years - Kidsafe Victoria (Available in Arabic, Chinese, Croatian, Macedonian, Chin - haka, Serbian, Somali, Turkish, Vietnamese, Karen)
Is Your Child 3 - 4 Years Old? (pdf - 4.25mb) - DET
Starting Primary School - Your Child Must Have a School Entry Immunisation Certificate - Department of Health, Victoria (CALD Resources available)
Play, Learn, Grow - We are making more than just cake (pdf - 894.77kb)
To view all the Tip Sheets, see:
Parent Tip Sheets.