At this consultation the Maternal and Child Health nurse will review your child's growth, health and development and as well as their new teeth.
This consultation will focus on:
- your Parents' Evaluation of Development Status (PEDS) questions in your
My Health, Learning and Development Record (remember to complete these questions before the visit if you can)
- helping your child to eat healthy food
- taking care of your child's teeth
- how to be sun smart
- how play helps learning and development
- family relationships and wellbeing
- preventing injuries.
Remember, you and your nurse can talk about other issues/concerns if they arise.
Please tell the nurse if your child is:
- not enjoying eye contact or cuddles with you
- not coming to you for affection or comfort
- not understanding any words
- not pointing or waving
- not trying to communicate with you
- not showing any signs of pretend play
- not walking.
Parent Tip Sheets for the 18 month visit
The following Tip Sheets are given to you at the 18 month visit:
Kidsafe - Inquisitive and Invincible 1.5 - 3.5 years - Kidsafe Victoria (Available in Arabic, Chinese, Croatian, Macedonian, Chin - haka, Serbian, Somali, Turkish, Vietnamese, Karen)
Tooth Tips Dental Visits 18 Months to 6 Years - Dental Health Services Victoria
Discover Playgroup -
Play, Learn, Grow - Go exploring together (pdf - 1.01mb) (Translated Resources available)
To view all the Tip Sheets, see:
Parent Tip Sheets