The student satisfaction survey contacts about 180,000 students to ask about their satisfaction with:
- foundation skills improvement.
The survey also asks the likelihood that the student would recommend their training organisation to family or friends.
The survey is run between March and May each year.
The best way to provide feedback about your Victorian funded training is to respond during the survey administration time period. You can do this by:
- completing the survey sent to you
- or responding using any device that has internet access.
All eligible students are invited to be part of the survey and this information is based on the reported data and training records received by us.
We receive data from training providers that receive government funding or through trainee and apprentice information.
If you need to make a complaint about a training provider, see contract compliance complaints.
Not all accredited training delivered in Victoria is funded by us. Consumer complaints about other training may be registered with the Australian Government’s National Training Complaints Hotline:
If you have any questions about the survey, contact the Social Research Centre on:
The Victorian student satisfaction survey collects information from all Victorian students who completed or left the training and TAFE system in the previous calendar year.
The survey asks a range of questions, including:
- how and why they chose the training
- satisfaction with the training
- their employment situation after the training
- what further training, if any, they are currently enrolled in
- if they didn’t complete the training, why was this the case.
Key student outcome measures include:
- proportion of students with an improved employment status after training
- proportion of students who would recommend the training provider
- proportion of students who were satisfied with training provided.
The initial student survey was conducted in 2014 with students who had completed vocational training during the previous year. From 2015 onwards, all students who had completed or discontinued from vocational training in Victoria during the previous year were invited to participate in the survey.
Samples of surveys
To view the questionnaire used for the 2018 student satisfaction survey, see:
To view the questionnaire used for the 2018 employer satisfaction survey, see:
To ensure that
feedback from respondents remains confidential, details will be dealt with in accordance with the Public Records Act 1973 and the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic.).
The annual Victorian employer satisfaction survey and the student satisfaction survey underpin the RTO performance indicators program. Find out more about the program’s outcome performance measures and opportunities for RTOs.
For information overall project, email: