The Adult, Community and Further Education (ACFE) Board's, Pre-accredited Training Delivery grant promotes education and training opportunities that engage and initiate vocational pathways for the most educationally disadvantaged learners.
Through the Board, the Victorian Government provides funding to Learn Local providers, AMES Australia and the CAE, to deliver education and training programs to a broad range of Victorians over compulsory school leaving age, with a special focus on people who have had limited prior access to education.
Pre-accredited programs are short modular courses which focus on creating pathways for learns to further education and training or employment.
The ACFE Board has identified the following learner groups for specific emphasis in pre-accredited programs:
- Women seeking to re-enter the workforce after significant time away, women who have experienced or are experiencing family violence
- Early school leavers, both mature and youth
- Low skilled and vulnerable workers
- Indigenous people
- Unemployed and underemployed people
- People from culturally or linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Disengaged young people
- People with a disability.
Expressions of Interest (EOI) are open
The Expressions of Interest (EOI) process for 2020 Pre-accredited Training Delivery and the Learner Engagement A-frame Program (LEAP) is open from 3 September 2019 to 30 September 2019.
Pre-accredited Training Delivery and LEAP are separate programs, each with their own guidelines, EOI requirements and processes.
To reduce compliance and administration requirements, the EOI processes for both programs are open in the same period. You can apply for:
- Pre-accredited training delivery only, or
- Pre-accredited training delivery and LEAP.
Further information about the Learner Engagement-A-frame (LEAP) program see: LEAP program
How to apply for Pre-accredited Training Delivery Funding
- Download and review the 2020 Pre-accredited Training Delivery Guidelines (docx - 1.18mb)
- Participate in a webinar and attend a regional workshop to help you prepare your application.
- Download the 2020 Delivery Plan template (xlsx - 105.24kb) and select the Pre-accredited Delivery Plan tab.
- Complete the Delivery Plan by LGA and in order of your priority, as not all your proposed course modules may be funded.
- Complete a course plans for existing courses and/or a full A-frame, including course plans and session plans for new courses.
- Submit a Delivery Plan and A-frames/course plans for all proposed programs, to firstname.lastname@example.org. by COB 30 September 2019.
If you have any enquiries, please contact your regional office.
To be eligible to submit an EOI, you must:
- Be registered with the Adult, Community and Further Education (ACFE) Board, or be covered by the Education and Training Reform Act 2006.
- Have a current satisfactory ACFE Board Business and Governance Status Assessment (BGS), or have a current Skills First government subsidised accredited training contract.
- Upload your BGS (including financial statements) into SAMS by 30 September 2019, otherwise the Department cannot offer you a Service Plan for ACFE Board Pre-accredited Training Delivery.
- Ensure you meet the additional eligibility criteria outlined in the 2020 Pre-accredited Training Delivery Guidelines and LEAP Guidelines if you are applying for LEAP funding.
If you wish to deliver pre-accredited training in 2020 but have not delivered in 2019, please contact your regional office as soon as possible.
|North Western Victoria Region||North Eastern Victoria Region||South Eastern Victoria Region||South Western Victoria Region|
Tel: 4433 7582
Tel: 7022 1802
Tel: 8904 2580
Tel: 5215 5204
Webinars and forums
The Regional Engagement Unit, in collaboration with the VET Development Centre (VDC), are facilitating two webinars to assist providers to prepare their Expression of Interest for delivery of Pre-accredited training in 2020. The webinars will focus on the priorities, requirements and timelines associated with the EOI process for the Pre-accredited training delivery program and the Learner Engagement A-frame Program (LEAP).
Please register for a webinar here. Once registration is complete, you will be emailed a confirmation booking. Your webinar participation link will be emailed to you seven (7) days prior to the webinar and again on the day of the webinar.
|Webinar session 1||Wednesday, 11 September 2019||12.30pm – 1.30pm|
|Webinar session 2||Friday, 13 September 2019||12.30pm – 1.30pm|
|Webinar presentation will be available on the DET website||From Tuesday, 17 September 2019||DET website|
Regional Forums will be organised for Learn Local providers to further support and discuss the EOI process. Please contact your regional office for further information about the forums.
For further information about the pre-accredited and LEAP procurment process see:
2020 Webinar Pre-accredited and LEAP (pdf - 1.2mb)
2019 Pre-accredited Training Delivery Guidelines
The 2019 Pre-accredited Training Delivery Guidelines are available here:
For more information about pre-accredited eligibility see:
Training Delivery Support Grant
The Training Delivery Support Grant (TDSG) provides funds to eligible Learn Local providers to purchase equipment and resources that will support delivery of quality programs and services to learners facing barriers to participation and attainment in education and training. The TDSG can be used to purchase teaching and learning equipment and resources to support eLearning and/or classroom delivery of training.
For more information about the TDSG see: