The Adult, Community and Further Education (ACFE) Board’s agreement with Microsoft covers existing licenses, new version rights for these licenses and new licenses as detailed in this section. Installation media for all of the products are available from the
Large Account Reseller website.
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 (Windows) – includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Entourage.
- Office Mac 2016 (Apple) – includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Entourage and Virtual PC.
- Microsoft Windows 10 Operating System. This includes deployment of both 32-bit and 64-bit.
- Windows Operating System - upgrades only. These include deployment of both 32-bit and 64-bit where available:
- Windows 7 Ultimate
- Windows VISTA Enterprise
- Windows XP Pro upgrade.
Includes deployment of both 32-bit and 64-bit software where available:
- Windows Server Standard Edition (WIN) – Windows Server Pool
- Exchange Server Standard Edition – Server Application Pool (limited number)
- SQL Server Standard Edition (SQL) – Server Application Pool (limited number)
Windows CORE Client Access Licenses (CALs)
The ACFE Board Microsoft Agreement (the Agreement) covers access to Microsoft Servers with Standard (Base) CALs.
- Windows CORE CALs (includes Windows (WIN) server Standard CAL, Exchange Server (EXC) Standard CAL, System Management Server (SMS) Standard CAL, Sharepoint Server Standard CAL).
- SQL Server Standard CAL (limited number)
Enterprise CALs (eCALs, also known as Additive CALs) are not included in the agreement. These entitle the use of additional client functionality available on server products. Further information is available from
Microsoft’s Licensing Brief (Base and Additive Client Access Licenses: An Explanation).
More information on Microsoft products can be found on the
Learn Local organisations who are registered with the Agreement can access online training on software they purchase under the Agreement. This training is web-based and will enable staff to become familiar with Office and Windows. It also provides training to those within the organisation who will deploy, administer and support the desktop and server products.
For more information on how to access this training please contact