About the Learner Engagement A-frame Program
The Adult, Community and Further Education (ACFE) Board, Learner Engagement A-frame (LEAP) program is designed to improve learner engagement with pre-accredited training and aims to provide flexible pathways to further education, training and employment, for learners who may find longer programs a barrier to participation.
LEAP programs are a minimum of 5 Student Contact Hours (SCH) and no more than 19 SCH. Proposed courses which are 15 SCH or longer will be assessed as exceptions and will require a clear rationale for the course length, aligned to the LEAP Objectives.
The LEAP objectives are to:
- Provide engagement activities for learners facing barriers to training, linked to pathways to further education, training and/or employment.
- Strengthen pathway outcomes for learners by building the skills and capabilities necessary to participate in pre-accredited programs, further education and training and/or employment.
- Increase flexibility for providers to facilitate improved engagement into training programs for adults who face barriers to participation.
Expressions of Interest are open
The Expressions of Interest (EOI) process for the 2020 Learner Engagement A-frame Program (LEAP) and Pre-accredited Training Delivery is open from 3 September 2019 to 30 September 2019.
LEAP and Pre-accredited Training Delivery are separate programs, each with their own guidelines, EOI requirements and processes.
To reduce compliance and administration requirements, the EOI processes for both programs are open in the same period. You can apply for:
- Pre-accredited training delivery only, or
- Pre-accredited training delivery and LEAP.
Further information about the Pre-accredited Training Delivery program see: Pre-accredited Training Delivery Program on the DET website
How to apply for LEAP funding
- Download and review the 2020 LEAP guidelines (docx - 1.62mb)
- Download and complete the Delivery Plan (xlsx - 105.24kb)
- The Delivery Plan template is used for both Learner Engagement A-frame Program (LEAP) and Pre-accredited training delivery submissions.
- There are three tabs within the Delivery Plan spreadsheet: please select the LEAP Delivery Plan tab (3).
- Prepare Delivery Plan by Local Government Area (LGA) and list course modules in order of your priority as not all your proposed course modules may be funded.
- Clearly outline the engagement strategy, the rationale for reduced delivery hours, and the learner outcomes and pathways to be achieved, in the Delivery Plan and Course Plans.
- Include Local Course Codes for all LEAP programs to facilitate effective reporting.
- Please complete an A-frame Course Plan for each course proposed for delivery (you do not need to submit a Session Plan for LEAP courses).
- Submit all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 30 September 2019.
If you have any enquiries, please contact your regional office.
To be eligible to submit an EOI, you must:
- Be registered with the Adult, Community and Further Education (ACFE) Board, or be covered by the Education and Training Reform Act 2006.
- Have a current satisfactory ACFE Board Business and Governance Status Assessment (BGS), or have a current Skills First government subsidised accredited training contract.
- Upload your BGS (including financial statements) into SAMS by 30 September 2019, otherwise the Department cannot offer you a Service Plan for ACFE Board Pre-accredited Training Delivery.
- Ensure you meet the additional eligibility criteria outlined in the 2020 LEAP Guidelines.
Webinars and forums
The Regional Engagement Unit, in collaboration with the VET Development Centre (VDC), are facilitating two webinars to assist providers to prepare their Expression of Interest for delivery of Pre-accredited training in 2020. The webinars will focus on the priorities, requirements and timelines associated with the EOI process for the Pre-accredited training delivery program and the Learner Engagement A-frame Program (LEAP).
Please register for a webinar here. Once registration is complete, you will be emailed a confirmation booking. Your webinar participation link will be emailed to you seven (7) days prior to the webinar and again on the day of the webinar.
|Webinar session 1||Wednesday, 11 September 2019||12.30pm – 1.30pm|
|Webinar session 2||Friday, 13 September 2019||12.30pm – 1.30pm|
|Webinar presentation will be available on the DET website||From Tuesday, 17 September 2019||DET website|
Regional Forums will be organised for Learn Local providers to further support and discuss the EOI process. Please contact your regional office for further information about the forums.
2019 Learner Engagement A-Frame Program Guidelines
The 2019 Learner Engagement A-Frame Program Guidelines are available here: