The Adult, Community and Further Education (ACFE) Board’s,
Family Learning Partnerships (FLP) program assists families to overcome barriers to participation in training and education.
The FLP program provides opportunities
for families to engage in positive learning experiences and to gain the
confidence and skills they need to take their next steps in education or
The Family Learning Partnerships program aims to assist families experiencing educational disadvantage by:
- Instilling a culture of learning within families and communities and empowering and building the confidence of learners to make informed decisions regarding their own educational and employment experiences.
- Improving educational pathways for vulnerable families by addressing the barriers hindering the participation of parents and carers in education, training and employment.
- Facilitating participants' progression to further education such as the Learner Engagement A-frame Program, pre-accredited or accredited programs or employment where appropriate.
- Fostering a collaborative approach to education through building provider capacity to form partnerships with other community organisations and services to supports pathways to further education and employment for disadvantaged families.
- Assisting Learn Local providers in gaining a more comprehensive understanding of the unique learning needs of families that may prevent them from engaging and to develop initiatives and tailored strategies to support them.
- The 2020 Family Learning Program Guidelines are available here: FLP Guidelines