This list includes courses and skill sets that are subsidised for students who start their training between 1 January and 31 December 2022.
Find a funded course
Download the 2022 funded course list (includes a filter for full qualifications and skill sets)
In 2021, the Victorian Government introduced a new accredited short course (skill set) offering under Skills First. Skill sets can only be delivered by Skills First contracted training providers. Extra skill sets may be added in line with existing Funded Course List processes. For more information, see the
Skills First Skill Sets policy.
Download the 2022 funded skill set list
For a list of current funded courses and skill sets and 2022 rates for non-funded courses, see the funded courses report in the
Skills Victoria Training System.
Subsidies that reflect the real costs of training
The Funded Course List only includes courses and skill sets that:
- align with industry needs and workforce demands
- represent government priorities, including rolling out the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), responding to family violence, and completing Victoria’s infrastructure projects
- have strong job outcomes, such as apprenticeships
- meet other social needs, such as foundation skill courses
- supports initiatives such as Free TAFE for Priority Courses.
Jobs and training needs
The 2022 Funded Course List has been used to create regional
jobs and training needs reports.
These reports will assist training providers to better align their proposed delivery in 2022 with the stated objectives of Skills First.
The Funded Course List is regularly reviewed, and courses added as required by industry needs, to support jobs growth. This allows the training market to keep up with the changing needs of the economy.