This list includes courses that are subsidised for students who start their training between 1 January and 31 December 2018.
Find a funded course
To find a 2018 funded course and the subsidy rate:
For a list of current funded courses and 2018 rates for non-funded courses, see the funded courses report in the
Skills Victoria Training System
2017 funded course list is also available.
Subsidies that reflect the real costs of training
The funded course list only includes courses that:
- align with industry needs and workforce demands.
- represent Government priorities, including rolling out the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), responding to family violence, and completing Victoria’s infrastructure projects.
- have strong job outcomes, such as apprenticeships.
- meet other social needs, such as foundation skill courses.
2018 subsidies apply to all eligible students who:
- commence their training on or after 1 January 2018
- commenced their training prior to 2018, provided that their course is on the 2018 funded course list.
2016 subsidies will continue to apply for all students who commenced their training prior to 2017 for courses that are not on the 2017 funded course list or the 2018 funded course list.
2017 subsidies will continue to apply for all students who commenced their training prior to 2018 for courses that were on the 2017 funded course list but are not on the 2018 funded course list.
The funded course list is regularly reviewed, and courses added as required by industry needs, to support jobs growth. This allows the training market to keep up with the changing needs of the economy.
Jobs and training needs
The 2018 funded course list has been used to create regional
jobs and training needs reports.