The Graduate Teacher Conferences (GTCs) build the capacity of graduate teachers and foster a network at the area level.
We invite graduate teachers in their first year of teaching to attend the conference. The conference program gives you an opportunity to:
- become an active part in your professional community
- build your professional practice and resilience as professional educators
- form a strong professional identity.
Conference dates and registrations
The GTC program is delivered by Deakin University on behalf of the Department. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, the GTCs will be delivered through an online format in 2020 in order to adhere to Federal and State Government guidelines and ensure participant safety.
To register for your local GTC, please click on the region links below, and select the Area in which your school is located. Registrations are managed by Deakin through Eventbrite.
South Eastern Victoria Region
- Inner and Outer Gippsland, 28 July
- Southern Melbourne A, 3 August
- Southern Melbourne B, 25 August
- Bayside Peninsula, 28 August
South Western Victoria Region
- Brimbank Melton, Thursday 30 July
- Western Melbourne, Friday 31 July
- Barwon, Tuesday 4 August
- Wimmera South West, Thursday 6 August
- Central Highlands, Tuesday 11 August
- Western Melbourne, Wednesday 19 August
North Eastern Victoria Region
- Outer East, Friday 7 August
- Inner East A, Tuesday 18 August
- Ovens Murray, Wednesday 26 August
- Inner East B, Tuesday 1 September
- Goulburn, Thursday 3 September
North Western Victoria Region
- Loddon Campaspe, Wednesday 12 August
- Mallee, Friday 14 August
- Hume/Moreland, Thursday 20 August
- North East Melbourne, Friday 21 August
- Combined Areas, 2 September
In 2020, Graduate Teacher Conferences will be held in Term 3, with additional conferences offered in growth corridors and areas with high graduate teacher numbers.
Before the conference, we encourage you to read the
Graduate Teacher Induction Guide (pdf - 2.69mb), and familiarise yourself with the induction timelines and checklist.
The program is free.
How to register
Registrations are accessed through Eventbrite. Graduate teachers are encouraged to attend the conference in their school's area. Access your local GTC through the below links:
Registration details will be sent directly to graduate teachers and schools early in 2020. This will include information about the broader initiatives to support graduate teachers in schools.
For queries about the Graduate Teacher Conferences contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For queries about teacher professional practice, email email@example.com
These induction resources are provided to you as part of the Graduate Teacher Conferences and contain helpful resources on professional learning, wellbeing and more.