The conferences build the capacity of graduate teachers and foster a network at the area level.
We invite all graduate teachers in their first year and second year of teaching to attend.
The conference program offers an opportunity to:
- become an active member of your professional community
- build your professional practice and resilience as professional educators
- form a strong professional identity.
Conference dates and registrations
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, the GTCs will be delivered through an online format in 2021.
Each school area will have two Graduate Teacher Conferences, one for first year graduates and one for second year graduates.
Graduates are required to register from the dates below and are encouraged to attend the GTC assigned to their school's local area.
First Year Graduate Teachers (GTC1)
Full day online conferences. Click on the link for your region to register. See map below.
GTC1- North Western Victorian Region
- Loddon Campaspe, 23 August
- Mallee, 24 August
- Hume Moreland, 26 August
- North Eastern Melbourne, 26 August
GTC1- South Western Victorian Region
- Barwon, 27 August
- Wimmera South West, 30 August
- Western Melbourne, 1 September
- Central Highlands, 2 September
- Brimbank Melton, 3 September
GTC1- North Eastern Victorian Region
- Ovens Murray, 24 August
- Goulburn, 6September
- Outer Eastern Melbourne, 17 August
- Inner Eastern Melbourne, 19 August
GTC1 - South Eastern Victorian Region
- Southern Melbourne, 16 August
- Bayside Peninsula, 20 August
- Southern Melbourne, 7 September
- Outer/Inner Gippsland, 30 August
Second Year Graduate Teacher Conferences (GTC2)
Half day online conferences. Click on the link for your region to register. See map below.
GTC2 - North Western Victorian Region
- Loddon Campaspe, 12 August
- Mallee, 2 August
- Hume Moreland, 12 August
- North Eastern Melbourne, 9 August
GTC2 - South Western Victorian Region
- Barwon, 30 July
- Wimmera South West, 2 August
- Western Melbourne, 10 August
- Central Highlands, 26 July
- Brimbank Melton, 6 August
GTC2 - North Eastern Victorian Region
- Ovens Murray, 22 July
- Goulburn, 22 July
- Outer Eastern Melbourne, 13 August
- Inner Eastern Melbourne, 4 August
GTC2 - South Eastern Victorian Region
- Southern Melbourne, 29 July
- Bayside Peninsula, 27 July
- Outer/Inner Gippsland, 5 August
Map of Department regions
The program is free.
Contact and advice
For queries about teacher professional practice, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Before the conference, we encourage you to read the Graduate Teacher Induction Guide (docx - 567kb), and familiarise yourself with the induction timelines and checklist.
graduate teacher induction resources are provided to you as part of the conferences and contain helpful resources on professional learning, wellbeing and more.