This program provides computer notebooks to schools, who assign them to eligible teachers and principal class employees.
Teacher and Principal eligibility
To be eligible to receive a notebook, teachers and principals must:
- be a teacher or principal class employee;
- be registered on the central payroll; and
- work a time fraction greater or equivalent to 0.4 full-time equivalent (FTE)
During a tranche or provisioning cycle, the eduSTAR.TPN team calculates the number of eligible participants based on:
- the number of eligible teacher and principal class employees less the number of existing program or school-provisioned notebooks; and
- allocated notebooks or allowances that have reached the end of the provisioning cycle and remain within the school's allocation.
The Program offers two provisioning options, these being:
- Program-provisioned notebooks: These are acquired and owned by the Department and include the Standard provision (Windows) and VCE Apple notebooks.
- School-provisioned notebooks (subsided by a program allowance): are acquired by schools opting for an Alternate provision (Enhanced Windows or Apple Allowance).
Teachers delivering approved VCE subjects can be nominated to receive VCE Apple notebooks. These subjects have a direct pathway into industries where Apple computers are widely used.
To be eligible the staff member must:
- Teach in a secondary school
- Meet the eligibility requirements of the program
- Deliver one of the following VCE studies:
- VCE Art
- VCE Studio Art
- VCE Visual Communication Design
- VCE Media
- VCE Music Performance
- VCE Music Investigation
- VCE Music Style and Composition
- VCE VET Creative and Digital Media
- VCE VET Music Industry - Music Performance and Sound Production
- VCE VET Applied Fashion Design and Technology
Program-provisioned notebooks are owned by the Department and allocated to schools, as the custodian, who provide the notebooks to eligible Program participants for their use whilst they are working at that school. When the participant leaves that school (whatever the reason), the notebook must remain at the school for reallocation.
As the custodian of the notebook, the school is to maintain:
- Notebooks in a good working order, using the provided warranty and insurance.
- Accurate asset management information and update the Program's central notebook management tool upon any change in allocation.
The program plans to have two provisioning cycles (known as Tranches) each year with notebooks or allowances provisioned to schools for 48-months.
For more information about the program, contact email@example.com or 1800 641 943.