We are making it simpler for Victorian Government schools to find and engage specialist OHS providers for services or works by pre-approving the following categories of qualified providers:
- arborists; tree inspection and maintenance specialists
- first aid kit supply and inspection
- hazardous chemical waste removalists
- height safety specialists
- management of bee hives and swarms specialists
- OHS consultants
- plant and equipment inspection and maintenance specialists
- playground equipment inspection and maintenance specialists
- structural engineers
- shade sail specialists
- testing and tagging specialists
- wildlife handlers - snake specialists.
Schools can spend a lot of time sourcing qualified providers to help them meet safety obligations. They then also need to request insurances, qualifications, licenses and other related documents before they can complete the works.
To save schools' time, we are collecting and confirming relevant information from providers to ensure they are compliant.
Pre-approved provider details will become available to all schools via an internal website.
Schools will be required to request a quote for services as per the
Schools Procurement Policy.
How to apply
To apply to become pre-approved provider:
complete the application form (docx - 105.34kb)
- attach all relevant certificates, licenses, and other documents requested
- submit your completed application form and relevant documents to
For more information see Simplifying the engagement of specialist OHS providers – Application and assessment guide (docx - 1.87mb)
Updating your details
If you need to update your information, please contact
For further information contact:
Tel: 03 7022 1204