Regional school councils use an online system, DETclean to engage cleaners through our contract cleaning panel.
Cleaners on this panel have satisfied certain criteria, including:
- high cleaning standards
- current working with children checks
- high standards of occupational health and safety
- correct payment of wages and entitlements to employees.
Apply to be on the regional cleaning panel
Cleaning companies must have approved panel status before seeking to clean Victorian government schools.
panel application form to apply for panel status.
The application form is different, depending on whether the prospective cleaning company operates as a proprietor or sole trader (as an owner operator), or has employees contracted to the company.
Refer to the
guide on how to apply for panel status (docx - 1.14mb) and gain access to the cleaning system.
Only applications that intend to clean regional schools can be accepted.
Metropolitan schools have a separate cleaning model.
About our cleaning system
Our contract management software system makes it easier for schools and cleaning contractors to comply with and manage their school cleaning contracts.
The system provides schools with:
- a tool to engage approved cleaning contractors
- a tool to submit performance reviews on cleaning contractors
- the ability upload and store contract data information
- the ability to modify contracts such as extensions, variation and terminations.
Cleaning contractors need to submit annual audits in DETclean to make sure that the relevant award rates, industrial minimums and Department regulations are adhered to.