These eLearnings modules are to help schools and education providers understand their obligations under the disability standards for education legislation.
The modules are also important to understanding the model applied to the nationally consistent collection of data on school students with disability.
Who the resources are for
All education providers are bound by the standards. This includes:
- preschools and kindergartens (but not child care centres)
- public and private schools
- public and private education
- training places and tertiary institutions including TAFEs and universities.
Access to these interactive, scenario-based resources is free and can be used to meet your professional development obligations (if a certificate of completion is provided).
Access the eLearning resources
To access the eLearning courses for:
- Early childhood – Prior to fulltime school
- Early childhood – School
- Junior secondary
- Senior secondary
- Educational leaders
- Education assistants
Visit the NCCD Portal and:
- Select the 'Disability Standards for Education eLearning' from the Professional Learning tab
- Select ‘Register’ and complete the registration form
- Open the email sent to you from 'NCCD' and confirm your NCCD portal registration
- Log in using the user name and password (for security purposes, it is recommended that this password be different to your DET log in)
- Select one of the eLearning training packages
For individuals, families and communities
A practical guide for individuals, families and communities.
For any content or technical queries regarding the eLearning modules visit the NCCD Portal and select NCCD Portal help from the Help and Support tab.
For any other technical queries contact the Department service desk on 1800 641 943.