These eLearnings modules are to help schools and education providers understand their obligations under the disability standards for education legislation.
The modules are also important to understanding the model applied to the nationally consistent collection of data on school students with disability.
Who the resources are for
All education providers are bound by the standards. This includes:
- preschools and kindergartens (but not child care centres)
- public and private schools
- public and private education
- training places and tertiary institutions including TAFEs and universities.
Access to these interactive, scenario-based resources is free and can be used to meet your professional development obligations (if a certificate of completion is provided).
Access the eLearning resources
To access the eLearning courses for:
- Early childhood – Prior to fulltime school
- Early childhood – School
- Junior secondary
- Senior secondary
- Educational leaders
- Education assistants
- Visit the
University of Canberra Disability Standards for Education
- Click ‘Create a new account’ at the bottom of the screen
- Enter the registration key for Victorian government school staff: vic-edu (case sensitive)
- Complete the registration form
- Log in using the user name and password (for security purposes, it is recommended that this password be different to your DET log in)
- Select one of the training packages (allow pop ups)
For individuals, families and communities
A practical guide for individuals, families and communities
For any content or technical queries regarding the eLearning modules phone or SMS 0458 373 373 or 02 6201 5649 or lodge a ticket at the University of Canberra Help Desk via the
support ticket system.
For any other technical queries contact the Department service desk on 1800 641 943.