The aim of the Abilities Awareness program is to make all people aware of what they can do, not what they can't do, and to talk about the abilities people with a disability have.
"People with disabilities are people with abilities"
The program offers one hour disability awareness workshops for students in prep to year 12, and includes:
- ability/disability awareness and football demonstration
- vibrant and colourful powerpoint presentation showing examples of what Jim has achieved despite his cerebral palsy
- evaluation feedback - Q and A session.
The Abilities Awareness program can work within the schools’ curriculum to assist in building students’ resilience, strengths and aspirations – the topics presented include:
- What Jim Can Do/Respect
- School Leadership
- Being a role model
- Transition – Primary to Secondary School
- Coaching school footy teams and football training sessions (throughout terms 2 and 3)
The Abilities Awareness program can deliver to all schools within metropolitan Melbourne and regional areas within a 150 km radius of Melbourne CBD.
Jim Asimakopoulos O.A.M. has presented over 6000 talks to more than 200 schools since he pioneered the program in November 1988. He is an accomplished public speaker and delivers the program to students and staff across all educational levels.
Jim has a Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training from Victoria University of Technology and an AFL level I Coach (Youth) certificate.
Book into the program
For further information please contact:
Jim Asimakopoulos O.A.M. – Coordinator
Mobile: 0411 263 617