The Victorian government has invested $217.8 million over four years to support student mental health and wellbeing, including $200 million over four years and $87 million ongoing to create a Schools Mental Health Fund (the Fund). Underpinning the Fund is the evidence-based Menu (the Menu).
The Menu provides schools with opportunities to purchase evidence-based programs and initiatives across the three tiers of intervention. This includes initiatives that:
- promote student mental health and wellbeing
- enable schools to intervene early to support students
- provide targeted and more individualised support for students who need it.
Menu items have been externally assessed for how well they support student mental health and wellbeing, ensuring schools have access to a range of evidence-based supports to meet their needs.
Further information for schools on the Fund and Menu is available on the schools' Policy and Advisory Library (PAL).
How to be included on the Menu in the future
We anticipate another Invitation to Supply process will run in 2024.
Providers of evidence-based student mental health and wellbeing programs wishing to be considered for inclusion on the 2024 Menu should register on the Victorian government's Buying for Victoria website:
https://www.tenders.vic.gov.au/ and complete the following steps:
- Register an account
- Sign up for any future School Mental Health Menu updates by saving a search for 'Mental Health' tenders issued by the
Department of Education and Training
- For any technical assistance, please contact the Buying for Victoria helpdesk directly on (03) 7005 9777
Providers can regularly check the Buying for Victoria website and set up tender alerts appropriate to their services. The department will also update this Schools Mental Health Menu web page when the next round is opened.