Book free Positive Start experiences for your students including camps, arts, drama, music and sport
In 2022, Victorian students from government and low-fee non-government schools can access additional camps and experiences through the Positive Start initiative.
Positive Start offers students memorable experiences across Victoria to be more active, and rebuild connections with their friends, teachers, and communities.
Book programs and experiences today
Positive Start programs and experiences provide a
range of free arts, sporting and cultural activities for all students, including students with disability.
To book, visit
Positive Start and choose from the menu of programs and experiences on offer. The list below is a taster of the range of events available.
Arts and Drama programs and experiences
Sports programs and experiences
Dance and music programs and experiences
Cultural programs and experiences
STEM programs and experiences
Holiday and school camps
Positive Start holiday camps and school camps help students to build confidence and learn leadership skills, while enjoying activities such as abseiling, canoeing and mountain biking.
Schools do not need to organise these camps for students. Parents and carers need to book.
To be eligible for free holiday camps, students must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- attend a school that experienced closures of 5 days or more due to COVID-19 in 2021
- have an approved Camps, Sports and Excursions Fund (CSEF) application for 2022
- have a parent who holds a valid means-tested concession card
- Indigenous students
- students in out-of-home care (temporary or permanent)
- students with a refugee background
- students with a disability
- students in the Navigator program.
Communication to families about this initiative is important so they have the chance to participate.
The department has provided resources to schools to help them communicate to families of eligible students. The resources are available on Positive Start in 2022 (under 'Resources for eligible schools').
Families should register their interest as soon as possible for Term 1 holiday camps.
To access free Positive Start school camps during school term time, government and low-fee non-government schools must meet one or more of the below criteria:
- experienced closures of 5 days or more due to COVID-19 in 2021
- did not run school camps from 2018 to 2021
- has a Student Family Occupation and Education index of > 0.49
- is a regional or rural school.
The department has contacted eligible schools directly with more information on how to book.
Check with your principal to see if your school is eligible.
Find out more
For more information on how to book an experience for your students, or to learn more about the camp opportunities available for eligible schools and students, visit
For further enquiries, contact the Positive Start team by email: