This unique professional learning focuses on best-practice literacy instruction to support the return to on-site schooling
With a focus on reading, the By Teachers for Teachers video and optional webinars series review the strategies and approaches schools have used while transitioning their F-2 classrooms online.
Learn from expert peers and identify what new skills and approaches you can take back to face-to-face teaching.
Each recording – and optional webinar – is based on feedback and real-world experiences collected from teachers and students from across the state.
The recordings and webinars are fully subsidised by the Department of Education and Training.
By Teachers For Teachers: Reading F–2 is a flexible and contextualised learning experience, focusing on six key areas:
- working virtually with students in the early years
- unpacking a student's point of need
- assessing our EAL students on the continuum
- phonemic awareness and phonics
- modelled and independent reading in an online environment
- working as a Community of Practice around F–2 reading.
For each of the six key areas you can access:
- a digestible recording that presents ideas to trial in your classroom, and additional resources to explore
- an optional one-hour webinar to further unpack the ideas examined in the recording, as well as the opportunity to collaborate and learn from your peers.
Each recording and webinar is standalone – you can self-direct your learning based on your specific needs and experiences.
Find out more, view recordings and register for webinars
Visit the For Teachers By Teachers: Reading F-2 web page
For more information contact Laura Pagram, Senior Implementation Officer, Bastow Institute of Educational Leaders, via email: