Apply for courses on inclusive school environments to help students with diverse learning needs
To build your inclusive education practice skills, apply for Term 3 courses in the inclusive classrooms professional learning program. Courses run from Monday 1 August to Friday 7 October 2022.
The program offers a suite of courses for school staff on supporting students with diverse learning needs, designed specifically for Victorian schools.
The courses each run over 8 weeks, including both self-paced online modules and 2 live online sessions with a facilitator. The courses focus on practical teaching strategies, adjustments and supports at school, classroom and individual levels.
The program provides up to 20 hours of accredited professional learning for Victorian Institute of Teaching registration and other professional associations.
The inclusive classrooms professional learning program offers the following courses:
- Supporting students with autism
- Supporting students with learning difficulties including dyslexia
- Supporting students with oral language and learning
- Supporting students with hearing loss
- Supporting students with vision impairment
- Supporting student behaviour.
Each course is focused on strengthening the capability of our education workforce to implement inclusive practice.
To apply, visit the
Inclusive Classrooms catalogue on the Victorian Deaf Education Institute website. Applications close at 5 pm
Monday 11 July 2022.
Other professional learning opportunities
Along with these Term 3 courses, the
Inclusive Classrooms catalogue has other short professional learning options you can access at any time:
- Human rights approach to diversity and inclusion module (30 minutes)
- Supporting students with learning difficulties including dyscalculia module (3 hours)
- Individual education planning module (30 minutes) and live webinar (1.5 hours).
For more information
For more information, please contact the Inclusive Classrooms team by email: