Access free webinars and resources on the Tutor Learning Initiative TLI Hub and the TLI Arc Channel in Term 3
The Tutor Learning Initiative (TLI) is offering a range of free webinars and on-demand professional learning for tutors and interested teachers.
The professional learning supports implementation and delivery of the TLI.
The department will continue to feature professional learning opportunities for tutors in In Our Classrooms.
Term 3 webinars for tutors and interested teachers
New, free professional learning webinars for tutors now available cover topics including:
- specific mathematics and numeracy skills
- small group literacy instruction in action
- providing targeted support to VCE and VCAL students
- monitoring TLI learning gain
- student voice and agency
- classroom teacher and tutor collaboration
- planning for small group learning in 2022.
Tutors should refer to the calendar of webinars[BP1] to register for the upcoming webinars that best meet their professional learning needs and the learning needs of their students.
Webinars will be recorded and uploaded to the TLI Arc Channel generally within 48 hours. Closed-captioned versions are available.
Recordings of Term 1 and Term 2 webinars remain available on the TLI Arc Channel.
On-demand professional learning
On-demand professional learning is available for tutors through the TLI Hub.
The TLI Hub contains on-demand and self-paced professional learning resources and guidance to support tutors to build and refresh their small group teaching skills, including professional reading, videos and a suite of modules.
- the small group learning evidence base
- Victorian Institute of Teaching requirements and important department policies
- practical strategies for building positive relationships with students
- planning for effective small-group learning
- building effective teaching practices
- inclusive practice, including resources and information about Koorie education, EALD resources and learning difficulties
- using the Framework for Improving Student Outcomes (FISO) Improvement Cycle to plan inquiry cycles
- planning for effective literacy and numeracy differentiation.
The TLI Hub should be opened in Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Edge, not Internet Explorer.
Gleneagles Secondary College case study
Gleneagles Secondary College recently showcased how their school put the TLI into practice, supporting students who have fallen behind due to COVID-19.
Watch the video below to see how collaborative practices have been embedded by tutors and teachers to improve student learning.
Find out more
For more information about professional learning through Tutor Learning Initiative, refer to the Arc website.
For further enquiries, including technical support relating to the TLI Hub, contact the Tutor Learning Team by email: email@example.com