The new Policy and Advisory Library (PAL) is now available. This page will be redirected to PAL from the start of Term 3. Make sure to update your bookmarks to the new PAL site.
Purpose of this policy
To ensure that schools test their emergency procedures.
The school’s emergency management plan must contain emergency testing procedures.
Schools should regularly rehearse and exercise these procedures, quarterly per annum, completing a partial or full test under a variety of emergency scenarios. Schools should consider:
- notification and reporting procedures
- roles and responsibilities of nominated personnel
- building fire response procedures
- offsite and onsite evacuation
- shelter in place/lock down/ lockout alternatives
- communications within the school and to the school community
- emergency services liaison.
Fire services and police can assist in training exercises and trial evacuations by acting as observers as well as assisting in the review of school emergency procedures.