The new Policy and Advisory Library (PAL) is now available. This page will be redirected to PAL from the start of Term 3. Make sure to update your bookmarks to the new PAL site.
Purpose of this policy
To outline the role of school nurses and first aid coordinators.
School nurses or first aid coordinators undertake a range of responsibilities including:
- taking a lead role in supporting teachers and principals in health support planning
- having knowledge of:
- all students with a support or management plan
- the first aid response noted in the plans
- ensuring that student’s emergency contact details are up to date
- ensuring all medications supplied by the student are within their use-by date
- working with staff to conduct regular:
- reviews of management strategies
- risk assessments
- develop strategies to raise awareness in the school community about health and safety issues.
Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004