Purpose of this topic
To list the dental services available to school children.
Policy currently being updated. Information regarding dental services to come shortly.
Special needs students
Dental Health Services Victoria has two special services mobile units offering free general dental care for students:
- with physical or intellectual disabilities
- attending special development schools in the metropolitan and rural areas, every one to two years.
Emergency dental service
The Royal Dental Hospital:
- assesses whether emergency dental care is required, generally within 24 hours of contacting dental staff (during business hours)
- provides emergency care from:
- 5.30 pm to 9.15 pm weekdays
- 8.45 am to 9.15 pm on weekends and public holidays.