The new Policy and Advisory Library (PAL) is now available. This page will be redirected to PAL from the start of Term 3. Make sure to update your bookmarks to the new PAL site.
Purpose of this policy
To enable school councils form subcommittees to assist the council.
School councils are governed by:
Education and Training Reform Act 2006
- Education and Training Reform Regulations 2017
School councils may form subcommittees to assist the council. School councils must decide the purpose and terms of reference of subcommittees.
- consist of at least
- 1 member of the school council
- 3 members overall
- meet as directed by the school council
- report in writing to school council.
Subcommittees cannot make decisions on behalf of the school council.
Short term working parties:
- can oversee the implementation of short term tasks
- allow school councils to:
- keep the number of subcommittees to a practical size
- use expertise or interest from the school or wider community.