The new Policy and Advisory Library (PAL) is now available. This page will be redirected to PAL from the start of Term 3. Make sure to update your bookmarks to the new PAL site.
Purpose of this policy
To ensure fireworks displays at schools are managed safely.
Schools must engage a licensed pyrotechnician if they wish to use fireworks.
Role of the pyrotechnician
The pyrotechnician in charge of a fireworks display must ensure that:
- fire protection and suitable means of fire fighting are provided
- spectators are controlled, by barriers if necessary, and kept at a safe distance from the fireworks discharge point
- security is provided against unauthorised access to the discharge point or storage area
- a search of the display site for unfired fireworks is conducted at the end of the display.
- Dangerous Goods (Explosives) Regulations 2011
- Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004
- Occupational Health and Safety Regulations 2017
For more information, see: Chemical Management: