Purpose of this policy
To ensure that schools comply with account payment and petty cash guidelines.
All payments must be authorised by the principal and a member of the school council nominated by the school council. Signatories should ensure that payment claims:
- are supported by:
- properly authorised purchase orders and quotes where applicable
- certified invoices
- correctly endorsed delivery dockets or proof of receipt of goods or services
- have been checked for correctness, in particular:
- quantities or price variance from the approved purchase order
- authorisation of any variance of supply or price
- ensuring payments are not duplicated.
The principal with school council permission may establish a petty cash advance and:
- the limit on any one payment is $200
- clear records of petty cash expenditure must be maintained
- all petty cash claims must be supported by receipts or invoices
- advances must be adjusted at the end of each school year by either the:
- repayment of cash equal to the advance
- production of vouchers equal to the advance
- production of cash and vouchers equal to the advance.
- Education and Training Reform Regulations 2007, section 37 (1) (2) (3)
Unclaimed Moneys Act 2008