Purpose of this policy
To ensure schools maintain auditable financial systems.
- maintain a register of accountable records such as:
- receipt books
- receipt forms
- cheque books/stationary
- order books.
- record in the register the:
- date received and the first and last serial number of each account book/stationary
- date of issue and the name of the person to whom it is issued
- date of the last entry
- have the receiver of an account book initial the register to acknowledge receipt
- issue accountable records consecutively
- file and store accountable records for the required retention period.
- For the Public Record Office Standard PROS 07/01 General Retention & Disposal Authority for Records of Common Administrative Functions see:
Public Record Office Victoria.