The new Policy and Advisory Library (PAL) is now available. This page will be redirected to PAL from the start of Term 3. Make sure to update your bookmarks to the new PAL site.
Purpose of this policy
To ensure schools maintain auditable financial systems.
- maintain a register of accountable records such as:
- receipt books
- receipt forms
- cheque books/stationary
- order books.
- record in the register the:
- date received and the first and last serial number of each account book/stationary
- date of issue and the name of the person to whom it is issued
- date of the last entry
- have the receiver of an account book initial the register to acknowledge receipt
- issue accountable records consecutively
- file and store accountable records for the required retention period.
- For the Public Record Office Standard PROS 07/01 General Retention & Disposal Authority for Records of Common Administrative Functions see:
Public Record Office Victoria.