The new Policy and Advisory Library (PAL) is now available. This page will be redirected to PAL from the start of Term 3. Make sure to update your bookmarks to the new PAL site.
Purpose of this policy
To ensure that all payments made to a school are receipted correctly, banked into the school council official account and auditable.
- follow correct accounting procedures for:
- issuing receipts
- cancelling receipts
- electronic receipting
- money received away from the general administration office
- not cash any personal cheques
- reconcile receipts to banking
- bank receipts as soon as practicable
- maintain security for the temporary holding of money
- not leave money on the premises during school vacation.
School Financial Guidelines -
- Finance Manual for Victorian Government Schools (Section 3 Financial Policy/Best Practice and Section 3.7 Receipting and Banking)
- Guidelines for Electronic Payment of Accounts.