Purpose of this policy
To ensure that all payments made to a school are receipted correctly, banked into the school council official account and auditable.
- follow correct accounting procedures for:
- issuing receipts
- cancelling receipts
- electronic receipting
- money received away from the general administration office
- not cash any personal cheques
- reconcile receipts to banking
- bank receipts as soon as practicable
- maintain security for the temporary holding of money
- not leave money on the premises during school vacation.
School Financial Guidelines -
- Finance Manual for Victorian Government Schools (Section 3 Financial Policy/Best Practice and Section 3.7 Receipting and Banking)
- Guidelines for Electronic Payment of Accounts.