Purpose of this policy
To ensure schools manage their finances in line with their budgets.
School councils should monitor:
- actual receipts and payments against budget estimates each month by reviewing:
- actual revenue and expenditure
- details of funds committed during the month
- a list of unpaid accounts
- investments and balances held in school accounts
- their cash flow budget at the end of each month ensuring that:
- cash flow projections are always positive
- actual receipts and payments are tracking to budget.